Home Residents


The Claresholm Development Office can assist you with interpreting the Land Use Bylaw, acquiring the appropriate permits for building, and taking you through the steps to make sure your new dream home, addition, or renovation is completed appropriately, saving you time, money and frustration as you develop your project. The most up-to-date Land Use Bylaw can be found on the Oldman River Regional Services Commission (ORRSC) website.  ORRSC is our local planning commission. You can also contact our Development Officer for assistance by e-mailing tara@claresholm.ca or by phone at 403.625.3381.

Town of Claresholm PUBLIC GIS ACCESS:

The Town of Claresholm provides a public version (login as Guest) of our Geographic Information System (GIS) for residents to utilize. Residents may access this map and view legal land description’s, addresses and land use zoning. They may also use features such as a measuring tool or aerial photo to gain basic information about parcels and developments.

CLICK HERE to go to the website to access the system.

This page is provided for information only, and it not intended to replace bylaws or legal council.  Please contact the Claresholm Development Officer for the most up-to-date information.

Utility Safety Partners

If you’re a contractor or homeowner planning to disturb the ground, submit a locate request to ensure you don’t come in contact with a dangerous underground utility.

You are not clear to excavate until all utilities have been located. It is the excavator’s responsibility to make sure there is no damage to the located utilities during excavation, and placing a request with Utility Safety Partners does not remove that responsibility.

Utility Safety Partners - Click Before You Dig!

Home-Based Businesses

Home Occupation is any occupation, trade, profession, service or craft carried on by the occupant of a residence as a use that is secondary to the residential use of the lot.   

The Town of Claresholm encourages and supports home occupations (home-based businesses) in residential areas, provided they meet the standards in the Land Use Bylaw. To obtain a home occupation business license complete the application below and return to the Town Office. If the license is not renewed annually, the permit will expire and the occupant would need to reapply for Home Occupation. 

For information on Business License Fees click here. For more information on Home Based Occupations refer to our Land Use Bylaw as well as our Business License Bylaw on our Bylaws page here. Please contact our Development Officer for more information.


DownloadClaresholm Home Occupation


DownloadBusiness License Bylaw