A person is eligible to vote if the person:
- Is at least 18 years old,
- Is a Canadian citizen, and
- Resides in Alberta and the person’s place of residence is located in the local jurisdiction on election day.
In order to vote, your name or the name of the person vouching for you, must appear on the list of electors. If your name does not appear on the list of electors, the person vouching for you must produce identification for inspection. The identification must be one or more of:
- One piece of identification issued by a Canadian government, whether federal, provincial or local, or an agency of that government, that contains a photograph of the elector and his or her name and current address, or
- 2 pieces of identification authorized by the Chief Elector Officer each of which establishes the elector’s name and at least one of which establishes the elector’s current address
as required by Section 53 of the Local Authorities Election Act or local bylaw.
2025 is Municipal Election Year
Municipal Elections in Alberta take place every four years, and 2025 is an Election year. The next Municipal Election take place on Monday, October 20, 2025.
The municipal election was held Monday, October 18, 2021.
To read about the Municipal Election, please visit Alberta Municipal Affairs website https://www.alberta.ca/municipal-elections-overview.aspx.