Home Residents

Town Services

The Town of Claresholm has built up the necessary infrastructure to service the community today and well into the future. This infrastructure includes state-of-the-art water treatment facilities, a wastewater management system that is currently being expanded, a municipal cemetery, parks and recreation facilities, and waste management services. Bylaws ensure the proper management of the community and are enforced by our Community Peace Officer.   

Community Peace Officer

If you would like to make a complaint please ensure that you consult the Public Complaint Assistance and Information Package to fill out the appropriate municipal complaint form. Also included is an outline of the enforcement process and specific instructions for complaints regarding barking dogs. The completion (and signing) of the proper form will ensure that the Community Peace Officer has all the information required to investigate the matter. 

Alternatively, you can submit your complaint online via the submission form found here. The department cannot guarantee that complaints received by other means (verbally, by telephone, e-mail, etc.) will be promptly addressed. For any inquiries or assistance regarding Municipal Bylaws, please contact the Community Peace Officer by e-mail or telephone 403.625.3381.

Municipal enforcement duties within the Town of Claresholm are the responsibility of the Community Peace Officer, who works in conjunction with the Claresholm RCMP Detachment to ensure the safety of our citizens and their property. Our Peace Officer enforces all Town Bylaws, including the following;

Our Peace Officer also enforces selected provincial legislation, including;

Claresholm Animal Rescue Society (CAReS) works in conjunction with the Bylaw Officer for the protection of animals. Please visit their website here. Falon Wagner did a video for Shaw TV Lethbridge about CAReS and the animal shelter. Please see it here.